The 10X Rule. Author Grant Cardone





INTRODUCTION
Please enjoy my review for the book, The 10X Rule authored by Grant Cardone. I will highlight some chapters, keying on the purpose and intent of the books message. I agree with many relevant and applicable statements that I have already put into practice for the betterment of my life and my business. Like many books, opinions vary, and success messages will be similar. I will share the content that really resonated, and also share my difference in opinions... if I had any? Read on to find out!

MR. CARDONE
For those that don't know Grant Cardone, I will let you do your own research to decide for yourself and form your opinions as to who he is, what he does, what his message is, and how he conducts business. My own personal opinion has changed, especially after reading this book.

Before reading the book, I listened to a few podcasts here and there on The Cardone Zone. At the time, I didn't know his story and I made quick judgements based on what I didn't know. I stopped listening to his podcast to say the least. One thing for sure, Mr. Cardone has confidence! Heaps of it. He is brash in almost every sense, but he is genuine with his message. Of course his tone definitely changes depending on who he is targeting.

Mr. Cardone's energy and confidence are fitting and perfectly suitable for the books message, how he reasons his observations, and his delivery. I have heard that the audiobook is even more powerful because you listen to him narrate with passion and energy. I may look into this listening experience in the future. However, the tone throughout was powerful enough that I could visualize his intentions and feel the energy he has.

BEING 10X
This book has two simple messages:
1) Set 10X targets!
2) Take 10X action!

Sounds simple right, and in essence it is. However true mastery of these simple concepts takes consistency and a repetitive mindset. It's this consistency for many of us, myself included, have difficulty with executing daily. But through his message and his practices provided, we can utilize Mr. Cardone's experience so it becomes daily habit in our own lives.

One flaw many people in society have is setting their targets, or goals too low. If targets are low, it's too easy to give up and never accomplish that goal. We don't have enough invested, and we don't have enough uncertainty of discomfort. I can easily relate, because on many occasions I recall backing out on goals I've set because they didn't mean a whole lot, I had nothing too lose. More recently, I've invested into bigger targets and I'm more uncomfortable in what I could lose if I don't follow through. This leads me right into the next message of being 10X.

Many people don't take enough action to follow through and accomplish goals. More often than not, we set our targets low (a defensive approach which will be discussed) and then take a mediocre level of action that doesn't create new problems.

Mediocre levels of action are common and accepted in our society. It's what many people practice and believe is necessary for success. It's one of the four levels of action that Mr. Cardone discusses in one of his chapters. Mediocre levels of action aren't enough to sustain economic downfall, company implosion, or financial abundance. Mediocre levels of action would be like treading water, sometimes you tread a little faster and make it out of the water a little higher, but eventually sink back down to just having your head above.

If you haven't already realized, 10X is simply a multiplying factor. Whatever goal or target you have, multiply that by 10! Whatever action you think is necessary for that target, multiply those actions by 10! Thinking bigger means that you get into the habit of taking bigger action. It means you will reduce your thoughts on balance and limitations. It will create a mindset which will allow you to separate yourself from status quo, to having successful abundance in all areas of your life.

SUCCESS IS OUR DUTY
Being successful is a purpose that Mr. Cardone hammered for several chapters. He states that success is his duty, his priority, and his obligation for his family, his businesses, life choices and career. Success isn't something that just happens, it is something that we are all in control of. We all have different priorities in life, but we control the action we take to be successful with our priorities.

This message hit home with me and I agree completely with it. We are in control of our own success. We can't assume the victim role, and we can't be envious about other peoples success because no one but ourselves is going to take care of our financial obligations, or health and well being. No one will take care of our families, no one will mend our problems. The responsibility falls on us.

Mr. Cardone talks about the levels of action people choose to take.
1) No action
2) Retreat
3) Mediocre levels of action
4) Massive action

Deciding which level you fall under will have a huge influence in the level of success you bring into your life. Like I mentioned earlier, many of us fall into the category of Mediocre levels of action because we are led to believe that it's this amount of action that is sufficient for success. Our society and culture has become satisfied with taking mediocre levels of action because it is comfortable, it isn't too difficult, and it doesn't give us any new problems. In addition, it doesn't solve our existing problems.

I have observed many instances where people around me take mediocre action. I have a bad habit of taking mediocre action, because of all the same reasons mentioned above. I have met many people who have done well, but I have yet to meet or talk to anyone that has achieved true financial wealth. Probably because I am hanging around similar levels of action.

HOW DO I GET TO 10X LEVELS
Several chapters provide insight in making 10X a habit. We are shown the action it takes to become 10X and the action it takes to sustain it. We are shown the signs of achieving 10X in our life. Something to consider, when you get to a point where you've taken big action in any area of your life, that's a sign to take more action. Pour it on, or keep putting wood on that fire, as Mr. Cardone refers to. Taking massive action will get you to a point where the momentum of what you're doing can't be stopped by external influences or uncontrollable variables.

Taking massive levels of action requires an omnipresent mentality. For example, if you're creating a brand for yourself or your business, and you have an absolute fantastic product or offer, your possible downfall would be because of obscurity. Having an amazing product alone won't get you to the top of your sector, let alone dominate it. So the idea of omnipresence is to market your brand everywhere all the time. Be in everyones faces, and be so in their face that all they do is talk about you. At some point, your brand will be the recognizable brand in your sector. Mr. Cardone gives example of this by asking the reader to think about certain sectors that are dominated by big brands like Coca-Cola, Google, Apple, and some iconic athletes. Mr. Cardone also mentions that the term "overexposure" is a ridiculous way to think, it's a defensive and conservative way to think. Big brand companies like Apple and Google never think about limiting their marketing efforts, they always expand. A key sign to pour on more action is when people, advisors, professionals all tell you you've done enough and to take a break.

Humans have a natural tendency to think defensively and conservatively. They become manipulated and controlled by their emotions, especially FEAR. I love the acronym Mr. Cardone uses False Events Appearing Real. Instead of allowing our thoughts and emotions to control us, we need to learn to only use what serves our purpose. FEAR holds us back from getting uncomfortable, finding abundant success and fulfillment. Procrastination feeds FEAR and builds it up more and more that eventually the initial objective becomes overwhelming. Take the time factor away from FEAR. Don't make excuses to stop and think and plan. Obviously many well executed strategies require thoughtful planning, but the point here is to take immediate action with whatever objective. When you feel the FEAR, that's the time you dive in and take action. Limit the time, limit the fuel.

LETS WRAP IT UP
I hope you understand the gist of the message. There are plenty more chapters that discuss his opinions on myths, and breaking out of ordinary think. He discusses the signs to look for when you're on the right path.

This book was a relatively easy read with a powerful message. As I read, I found myself nodding in agreement and focusing better on the message so as to absorb all its content. There isn't a whole lot of opinions and suggestions that I disagree with, probably because the issues with mediocre action, average think, limited goals, and living amongst the status quo have been very much part of my life. I want more, I deserve more, my family deserves more, and if there is abundance for everyone then I need to just go get it. I need to create habits of 10X mentality, and I need to practice it so much that  it becomes my normal. I am interested in having abundance in all areas of my life and there isn't any limitations in preventing that other than myself.

For the new entrepreneur, business owner with limited thoughts, or anyone looking for more control in creating happiness and success, this is a must read. It's like having your own personal motivational coach pushing you for 205 pages. Lots of tough love, but that's what it takes to be 10X.

THANK YOU 🙏🏽
Thank you again for reading this to the end. I hope you can find value with my review on The 10X Rule and I hope that you can relate it to any area of your life where you want more purpose, more fulfillment, more success, and more happiness. I will continue updating this blog once per month with a new review on a different book. Thank you so much for the support and engagement that you're providing. Please feel free to keep the chat rolling below ⬇️ and follow my FB fanpage for fresh content daily, just simply click this link, follow along and drop a message anytime! 😉

Comments

Popular Posts